School supplies

I would like each student to have a terrific scissors next week; a good, sharp one that fits their hand. A shorter blade will be best for our fine work.

It would also be good for students to each have a truly good pencil sharpener. Those small metal ones that cost $1.75 are great. They don't have a catch for shavings, but I've got trays for each table to catch those. A vinyl eraser, too. 

I have lots of good pencils (Ticonderoga), but many students are not taking care of their pencil from day to day. They are often broken - for fun, sharpened down to an inch in length- for fun, and left scattered around the tables and floor. I have the same students asking for a pencil, day after day. As a result, sometimes I won't hand new ones out! If your child hasn't asked you for pencils yet this year, they should have! Consider buying a dozen good ones this weekend.

And, it may be time for a good mechanical pencil for our current work. Not for all our writing - I don't think I can handle all the pencil-play that comes with mechanical pencils! But, we are doing some fine-detail work, and a good mechanical pencil would really help your child!

Have a great weekend,

Jonathon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts