An Invitation to Conferences

Families,

I am ready to schedule conferences!

Conferences will be held on November 25 and 26. These are a Monday and a Tuesday. There are no classes the rest of that week! On Wednesday, I replace the screens on my windows with storms, and on Thursday and Friday I wash dishes while my family eats food!

Some families have already been signed up for a conference. Others, I invite you to schedule a conference time now. Click HERE to see a view-only document that shows what times are available. Note the information at the top of this form:
  • Conferences are scheduled for 20 minutes.
  • Call, email, or catch me in the hall if you want to schedule or change times.
  • Each student will be afforded a single conference time.
  • Per building, agreement, conferences will not be scheduled outside of these two days.

Do you need to come to a conference with me? 
Of course not! So much in life is a decision we must each make. How important do you feel a conference is? For me, they are good. I learn a lot about my students, get some tips, and share some tips. I also like my families! What I offer is an Invitation

I also offer my students invitations. I provide opportunities that are not required per se, but which I believe are valuable, such as:
  • Italic handwriting
  • Choir  Note: All are required to attend. Singing and slapping knees are optional - but contagious!
  • Growing ability in math with optional problem sets
  • Well, plain old listening and learning. As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." In the same way, all that I offer in the classroom is an invitation to learn and grow. And I accept that invitation myself each day - I learn every day in the classroom where I am supposed to be the teacher!
So, an invitation to conferences for you...Please "Call, email, or catch me in the hall if you want to schedule or change times."

Jonathon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts