I forgot to give you an idea of when I'd begin teaching the health lessons. I would like to begin ASAP (like, two days ago!), but I know you need time to consider the lessons, and maybe ask me a question or two about them. Let's say I will begin them VERY LIGHTLY Thursday. On Thursday, I will share simple BrainPOP videos (ask your child about these) and explain a bit about pregnancy fetal development. This will enhance a book I am reading aloud, in which a "tween" is expecting a "baby alien". I will stifle discussion of just how one becomes pregnant on Thursday and Friday. On Monday we will move into slowly into puberty. So, let me know Wednesday if you would like your child removed from class as I show the womb with fetus. Let my know by Monday - or at any time during the study - if you would like your child to leave class during lessons on puberty and gender identification.
Second: How to contact me. The trouble I have intermittently has to do with ME emailing YOU from either a program called Synergy (that I am using right now) or from Office 365 or OWA, the web-based email program and accompanying app. I have no trouble reading your emails - though they can get lost very easily when more than one family responds to one of my all-parents emails. So, feel free to email me, as well as send a note or call or leave a voice message. I do not make it to my door until 7:45 on school days, and then only have a moment for you to relay a (non-private) message as I gather kids. However, I have a bit more time to chat AFTER school, when the last of the kids have left the hall, around 2:25.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts