Dog food!

Families,


This is my second letter home this year, but my first to be available online. Papers have a way of getting lost, and I want to be sure you get my letters. So, I’m posting them on my blog. Follow the link from the Grout website to my blog (or go direct: http://groutroom210.blogspot.com/) whenever you want to check to see if I’ve sent something home. I am not a letter-a-week kind of teacher anymore, but I DO send home occasional letters!


There is so much to tell you about, but I’ll keep this first one simple with bullets:


  • Please consider sending $10 to $20 for our class funds if you have not already. (DON’T send it if this is a hardship!) About 8 families have sent money and I have paid most of our first subscription for social studies. I have more I’d like for class, and your donation will help! You will be able to see what I’ve purchased at conferences, or just stop in the class after school and I’ll share with you.
  • Look for any forms you may not have returned. Four important forms were sent home to fill out, sign, and return: The student verification form (on white paper), a walking field trip form, an emergency form, and the after-school plan for your child. ( I’ll send extras soon with those students who have not returned one.)
  • Send DOGFOOD! Tina LeBlanc is collecting bagged dog food for an animal shelter that has taken on THIRTY dogs from Texas. These pups have been through Harvey, and they are hungry! She’s taking the bags in the morning just inside the front door.


More later…

Jonathon

PS… I have a Twitter feed that may interest you: @JFischerGrout