Election, homework, blog disasters

Election Day is Tuesday
VOTE! And, please share your voting experience with your fifth grader. Talk a bit about the issues and candidates and your own views. Share how you will vote, and why. In class, we will keep up with the election in the news and discuss our views and the results.

Homework
I did not offer sheets of homework last week. I may not this week, either.

There are two things your child could do at home that would support what we are doing in class. To support math, give your child time on a computer to work on Dreambox. I have also assigned students multiplication activities from the Math Grade 5 on Khan Academy.

To support the reading study we will begin this week, ensure your child is reading a book of fiction at home. I expect all kids will check out a book of fiction from the Grout library and read it every day at home and school. A typical reader will read one or two books per week. Readers reading shorter, less complex books will read between 5 or 10.

Blog
I see that my blog did not present well last week. Oops! I tried something to make this easier, and I guess I wasted my time. I may recycle some of the information for a new blog post, or send home paper copies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts