Drama performance!

Students in 210 will perform for audiences FOUR TIMES this week! With extra rehearsal, it feels like I will do little in class with them!

Monday will be big, final, altogether dress rehearsal. Tuesday afternoon both groups will walk over to the Odd Fellows and perform for the residents there. Thursday we will perform in the morning and again in the afternoon for different groups of our student body. In the evening, students will perform for YOU!

These dates are listed on my class calendar. (The calendar is easiest to find as a tab from this blog.) The dates are also on the Grout and Grout PTA calendars.

Please make sure your fourth grader is at Grout at 6:00 on Thursday! I'll be there to help check kids in as the director warms up the cast. We perform for you at 6:30. It will last about 40 minutes.

 Let's see, where are we at in the year? Three weeks ago we began our science studies with college students from Reed Outreach. Two weeks ago I began taking the class out for a weekly game time. We divided up and began learning traditional kickball. We also went on our first field trip. Just last week I FINALLY finished reading assessments. This is HUGE for me - It feels like the true beginning of the teaching year! All three weeks saw improvement in students' work stamina and attention.

What's next? Now I plan for differentiating. We have learners with very diverse needs. I feel like we need 21 teachers in the room! We are already starting to break into smaller groups for reading and math support. We will soon be breaking up for wordwork as well.

What else? The first project with our new art teacher is finished, I am told, and I'm anxious to see it! We will steal time in class (from what, I don't know!) for studio time so that students can produce art for MY walls, too! And, a little surprise (or, rather, a hundred little surprises) are coming to 210 when students have gone home at the end of the week, and we will begin a new phase...

Jonathon